Having a birthday celebration for your pooch will make special memories! Happy puppies, happy people, can you think of a better day than that? Here are 6 fun dog party activities that will leave the puppies pooched!
Before Considering A Birthday Party: Doggy School
Before planning your puppy’s birthday party, it is important for you and your puppy to first graduate from puppy school. Learning about puppy socialization is key to a successful puppy party. Only invite pooches your puppy has met before and who make a great match.
#1 – Kiddies Pool
Choose a day when the weather is warm and set up a baby pool for the puppies to splash around in and cool off. To add an extra twist to the activity, you can put tennis balls in the water for the puppies to play with.
#2 – Puppy Soccer
Grab a ball suitable for puppies and play a gentle game of the ball. You can rub treats on the ball giving it a scent the puppies will want to run after.
#3 – Musical Mats
Your puppy’s birthday party won’t be complete without musical mats. This is a famous pooch party game that can be a real laugh. Here are the rules:
- All owner-puppy couples have a mat except one.
- Start the music and the couples can casually walk around.
- When the music stops, each puppy must sit on a mat.
- Owners must encourage their puppies without any pulling or pushing.
- The puppy who is left without a mat is out of the game.
- A mat gets removed each round.
- When there are only two left, the pooch who masters ‘mat and sit’ first, wins!
It is a real test of the ‘mat’ and ‘sit’ command you would have learned in puppy school.
#4 – Puzzle Games
You can cut holes in the tennis balls and hide a treat inside, creating a puzzle game for the pups to enjoy.
#5 – Sniffers Keepers
Rub scented treats on some puppy-safe toys and hide them around your garden. What the puppy finds, they get to take home with them!
#6 – Play Fetch
Many puppies love playing fetch, but how good are they at returning the toy to you? In this puppy birthday party game, everyone must choose a toy to play fetch with.
- Each puppy must first spend some time playing and sniffing the toy.
- Then everyone must throw the toy for their puppy and ask them to return it.
- The first puppy to return their toy wins!
Dog party activities can be great fun for people and pooches. It is probably a good idea to have a napping area, as these activities will leave your puppies absolutely pooched!
5 Helpful Tips On Hosting A Spectacular Dog Party
Why not host a fun celebration for your dog, who is a particularly special member of your family? It isn’t just for birthdays; it can be for any occasion! This is an amazing opportunity for your dog to socialize, which is crucial for his/her growth. Here are 5 tips to keep in mind before throwing a party for your dog: